Home$tart and Home$tart Plus - Homebuyer Enrollment
Seattle Bank members currently participating in Home$tart and Home$tart Plus may enroll
new homebuyers at any time, subject to funds availability. The information below can help to ensure
an efficient and timely enrollment process.
Please allow a minimum of two weeks for the Seattle Bank to complete an initial review of each enrollment.
The main Home$tart contact for the institution as well as the contact person listed on the enrollment
form will be notified via email when the enrollment has been approved or disapproved.
When completing the Home$tart and Home$tart Plus
Enrollment and Certification Form (pdf), please ensure that:
- Every page has been completed and every field has a written response.
- The Home$tart Program or Home$tart Plus Program number has been entered on the enrollment
form in the following format: 2013C12XXX for the 2013 Home$tart Program; 2013D12XXX
for the 2013 Home$tart Plus Program.
- The “date of qualification” has been entered on the enrollment form and corresponds
closely with the income documentation provided.
- The “date of qualification” is the date the member qualified the homebuyer
to participate in Home$tart or Home$tart Plus (not the date the enrollment was submitted to the Seattle Bank).
- Income documentation may not be dated more than 30 days before the “date of qualification.”
- Income documentation may not be dated after the “date of qualification.”
If the “date of qualification” is December 3, 2012 or after, use the
2013 HUD income limits
to qualify the household’s income; if the “date of qualification” falls before December 3, 2012, use the 2012 HUD income limits.
- The “anticipated mortgage closing date” (if known) is written on the enrollment form. (Due to the large quantity of enrollments received, the Seattle Bank uses this date to prioritize review of each enrollment.)
- All parties (the homebuyer, co-buyer, and a representative of the Seattle Bank member) have signed page two of the enrollment form.
- The Home$tart and Home$tart Plus Annual Income
Calculation Worksheet was used to determine
income for every person in the household over the age of 18 and was submitted with
the enrollment. Income Calculation FAQ
- Any member of the household over the age of 18 who does not earn or receive income
has been listed at the top of the Income Calculation Worksheet. (If any member of
the household over the age of 18 is a student, please contact the Seattle Bank.)
Once enrolled in Home$tart and Home$tart Plus, funds are reserved for the
homebuyer. The Seattle Bank is not obligated to disburse these funds and enrollment
in the program should not be considered a guarantee of funds.
- Homebuyers must purchase a home within one year of being enrolled in Home$tart
or Home$tart Plus or their reservation will be withdrawn and the funds set aside for
them will be made available for new enrollments on a first-come, first-served basis.
Members may request up to two six-month extensions for homebuyers.
If you have questions regarding enrolling a homebuyer, please refer to our
Home$tart and Home$tart Plus Member Policies and Procedures (pdf),
contact Community Programs Analysts,
Mandie Ludlam (206.340.2389) or
Allegra Carscallen (206.340.8702).